Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Meditation.

Well hello there!

I hope you had a most fabulous weekend. I know I did!

A song that we sang during praise and worship at church on Sunday inspired this Monday Meditation.

I'm including the video of the song as a bonus since I missed posting last Thursday.

It's a two-for-one! #yourwelcome.

There have been several seasons in my life when I just did not feel like God was near to me.
At one point, I was making bad choices and deliberately trying to separate myself from him.
Other times I was seeking him, looking for his direction and I just didn't feel his presence near me at the time.

Have you ever been there?

This song in church yesterday reminded me of the fact that Jesus never ever leaves us.

Even in those moments where I turn away from him.
When I make a mistake, or a bad choice, or choose to be disobedient.
If I feel lonely and abandoned in earthly relationships.

I love to be reminded that He is there and he will never fail me.
And he never stops being willing to support me.
He will never abandon me or turn his back on me.




Hebrews 13:5b (AMP)
For He [God] [b]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!](A)

This is such an important truth!

I want you to know that God is ALWAYS present in your life.

Yes.
That's right.
There are NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

It doesn't matter if you feel like you are all alone.
Or that you have made too many mistakes.
You may be seeking him and just don't feel his presence at the moment.

None of these things matter because the truth is in this verse.

HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU!

The verse says it THREE TIMES. When Jesus repeats something three times, he means business.

There is nothing you can ever do that would cause him to abandon or turn his back on you.
He is concerned with every detail of your life.
He is always right there, waiting to love you, support you, and help you.

If you are seeking him and can't hear his voice or sense his presence- I want to encourage you to keep pressing into him!
James 4:8 says that when you draw near to God, he will draw near to you. Stay in an attitude of expectation and you WILL hear his voice. It may not be in the way you expect, or in the timing you would like- but he WILL show up!

In a world where circumstances and earthly relationships are constantly changing and often prove unreliable, there is one thing that will never change; Jesus' presence in your life and his unconditional love for you.

His desire to support and hold you throughout every season of your life remains the same.

Wow.
That's pretty amazing isn't it?!?

Rest in this truth today friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment