Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let it Go.


Ever since I saw someone post this picture on Instagram, the refrain has been running through my head.

When I start to let myself get offended.
When I let little things annoy or upset me.
When I feel like I need to "fix" a situation that has gone awry and obsess over it.
When I feel insecure about something I said/did.
When I have certain expectations that aren't met.

God has just been laying it on my heart that I need to stop letting these attitudes bog me down and
 LET IT ALL GO!

However, this past Friday, while I was getting my hair done, my sweet hair stylist and I were conversing and I got the message loud and clear again. But this time it was for a different reason.

She was telling me a story, and while my personal situation wasn't exactly like hers, I felt like her response was what God wanted me to hear. Her words of wisdom resonated with me for the rest of the day and I thought I should share them here with you. (Side note: Don't you love it when God speaks through others? I do!)

LET THEM GO!

Are there people in your life that don't know the Lord?
Or that aren't walking with the Lord currently?
Doing destructive things and making poor choices?
Living in defeat?

There are in mine.

I want them to know God's grace and forgiveness so badly. To walk in his freedom. To have the peace that passes all understanding. To be healed and restored. To make good choices and know how much they are loved and valued.

Oftentimes, because of this I try to be their savior. I try to take the reigns and be the Holy Spirit in their lives.

I am certainly no savior. I am far from perfect and mess up all the time!
Its not my place to try and "fix"someone or change their heart.
Only God can do this.
There is only one Savior and his name is Jesus.

What I need to do is to lovingly LET THEM GO. Release my grip on the situation and prayerfully offer up these people in my life to the Lord. Even if it means they make bad decisions and suffer consequences as a result.

I need remember to:
Trust that he is their Savior and he is able to do what I can not.
Trust that he can rescue, restore, and heal anyone.
Trust that the Lord is at work in their lives even when I can't see it.
Trust in the power of prayer!

Both messages are resounding truth for me lately. They remind me again that the only person I can control is myself and my own attitude and responses. I don't help a situation by trying to be in control. God always knows much better than I do. Something I definitely forget often.

Maybe your situation isn't identical to mine but God is wanting you to listen to this response.

Which message do you need to hear today?

Let it go.
Let them go.

Acts 4:12 (AMP)
And there is salvation in and through no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved.




No comments:

Post a Comment