Saturday, September 14, 2013

Truth.

I don't know about you, but when I try to fully grasp who God is, I often make the mistake of applying characteristics of my human relationships here on earth to better understand.

I often find myself trying to gain approval from God. Or wondering if he is mad or frustrated with all the mistakes and times that I take a step backward.

I could not be more wrong. My understanding is so limited! (Isaiah 55:8-9)

I am reminded of that even more since becoming a mother. When I look at my daughter, and think of how much I love her- I remember that God loves me even more than that. Its hard to fathom!

A friend posted this video on Facebook today and I was reminded of what a mighty, awesome, loving, gracious, powerful God he is! It is so worth the 4.5 minutes to watch. Do it.

Such powerful, life-changing truth. And a good reminder for me.

Whatever place or season you find yourself in right now, I want you to know that God is mighty and he loves you- no matter what. In fact, he values you so much he was willing to sacrifice a son (John 3:16).

His message is love, grace, and forgiveness, and even if you haven't experienced that in your relationships here on earth you can find it in Him.

There is nothing too broken that He can't fix.
There is no need that he can't provide for.
There is no marriage too far gone that He can't restore.
There is no pain, or brokenness, or sickness that He can't heal.
There is no one too far gone that He can't rescue.
There is no addiction or stronghold He can't overcome.
There is no past He won't forgive.
There is NO ONE on this earth that He won't welcome with open, loving arms. 

Friends, my prayer for you today is that you would come to know this love. Or if you have already experienced it, that you would be reminded, and brought to a new level of understanding about just how great that love is. Amen and Amen!

Ephesians 3:17-21
New Living Translation (NLT)
17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.












No comments:

Post a Comment