Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend.

Hi friends!

So how was your weekend? It was a fun one around here.

Nice fall temperatures.
Windows open.
Some time at the park.

A Wildcat Victory.
Maybe the win was a result of this little good luck charm? I'm gonna go with that!

We watched two good movies.
Lots of family time.
Church.

All in all a restful weekend. 

Even though I am a stay at home mom, Mondays can be kind of a downer after a fun weekend when the hubby has to go back to work.

So, I thought Mondays on the bloggy blog might be a good time for a Monday Meditation.

I always think its a good thing to keep scripture in front of you. To memorize it. Meditate on it. When I am praying, I am often reminded of verses that I memorized years ago. God always uses his word to speak to me and encourage me. I love that!

This is one of my all-time favorite verses and something that I am reminded of almost on a daily basis. Most recently during our moving, buying a home/selling a home, being homeless for a month process earlier this summer.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
Do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
And he will show you which path to take.

To sum it up, our move from Minnesota to Michigan was a difficult (and long!) transition. My daughter and I were alone and my husband had to move to Michigan without us while we sold our old home and bought a new home. The separation ended up being three months long and was much more challenging than we expected. 

We put offers on 8 (yes 8!!!) houses in Michigan before an offer was accepted. (The housing market was pretty tough and the supply of homes on the market was at a ten year low- good for sellers and bad for buyers) And then we were homeless for a month in between the buying/selling process!

I recited this verse out loud every day. I just knew the Lord was in the midst of this situation even though after each rejection of an offer on a house the "reality" of things didn't look positive. 

So today, write this verse on your heart. Know that even though a situation may not look good with your earthly eyes, when we trust in the Lord he will direct our steps. "Reality" means nothing to our God. He isn't constrained to our earthly realities. He works supernaturally. He will take care of you and whatever predicament you might find yourself in. He is faithful.
Every. Time.

Praying this verse blesses you this week!

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment