Saturday, September 14, 2013

Recipe: Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Liquid Gold Vinaigrette


Since I have become a stay at home mom, I have been experimenting with new recipes quite a bit more than I had in the past. Much to my surprise, I actually find myself enjoying it!
(My old self, who was so preoccupied with work and going 180 mph all day every day, hated cooking)

So here is a recipe (if you can call salad a recipe?) that I made the other night and it was so good, I made it again for lunch the next day! Super easy and no pricey ingredients either. I thought I should share in the hopes that you all would make it and enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh, and remember in this post when I said I loved cheese? Well, goat cheese happens to be my favorite. I have been known to order entree's in restaurants for the sole fact that one of the ingredients was goat cheese.
True story.
So, as you can see, its fitting that my first posted recipe includes my favorite cheese. And BTW- goat cheese is not a pricey ingredient if you shop at Aldi: $1.99 for a log. (Maybe in a future post I will discuss my love for Aldi) Score!



Warm Goat Cheese Salad

Ingredients
Goat Cheese Log
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1-2 Egg Whites
1 T. Olive Oil
1 T. Butter
Greens of choice (I used Spinach and Arugula)
Anything else you would like to add to the salad! (I used cherry tomatoes and slivered raw almonds)

Instructions
Slice your goat cheese into as many rounds as you need (approx. 2 per salad), being careful that it doesn't break apart. Using dental floss to slice it can help. Dip each round into the egg white and then into the bread crumbs, making sure to coat it well.

Take the coated rounds and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. During this time you can toss your salad ingredients in the dressing if you wish. After 15 minutes, heat olive oil and butter in skillet. When it starts to bubble, place the rounds in the oil and brown on both sides. This happens pretty quickly, and you need to get them out before the cheese melts, so be careful!

Liquid Gold Vinaigrette 

This dressing is amazing! I found the recipe here, and just omitted the Fig Jam. SO. GOOD.

Now assemble your salad and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment