Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday Jam



I know that I am late to the party but I just purchased Hillsong United's Zion cd after a dear friend raved about how good it was. Pick it up if you haven't already- you will be blessed by it!

This same dear friend also inspired this Thursday Jam because she told me that her favorite song on the cd was "Oceans" and I have been playing it on repeat ever since.


The part of the song that has stuck with me is the refrain:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


I have noticed several other people have posted this refrain as a status on Facebook, and I don't blame them. These words are powerful!

But it makes me wonder what these words look like lived out in real life?

How many of us really, truly, want to go wherever the Spirit is calling us?
Desire to trust God without limitation?
Obedience without questioning?
No making excuses or needing confirmation 10 different ways before we take a step of faith?

Most of us want to go wherever the Spirit is calling us as long as its comfortable and not too scary.
As long as it doesn't involve confrontation or rejection or criticism. Or standing out from everyone else.

I can honestly say it is the desire of my heart to get to that place that I am wholeheartedly willing to go WHEREVER the Spirit calls me.

Just to be real with you: I can't say that I am there right now.

I mean after all, it took me FOUR YEARS to respond in obedience when I felt the Spirit leading me to start a blog. Sheesh!

I am most definitely getting better and becoming more aware of the Spirit's leading in my life- but I still have a looooong way to go in this area.

There are still times I find myself hesitating or making excuses when I feel like the Holy Spirit is leading me to do something....

Because where he calls me might be scary. Or uncomfortable. Or messy.
I might face rejection there and lose friends.
I might look ridiculous to others.
I might have to let go of some material things that I hold dear.
It may cause me to recognize some not so pretty truths about myself.
I might have to live differently than I do right now.

Sometimes I hesitate to do the simple things that the Spirit calls me to do like lay hands on and pray for someone I don't know. To bless someone that I don't know with a meal. To reach out to my neighbors. To share my faith with a stranger. To give grace to someone who may not be so nice to me.

Am I the only one here?

Stepping out in faith and living in obedience to the Holy Spirit's leading is something that takes courage and boldness. A willingness to live outside of our comfort zone. Discipline to say yes in obedience to the Lord without question.

I sing this song "Oceans" with that desire in my heart that the Spirit would lead me to a place of trust without borders. To a new place of boldness in my walk with the Lord. That I would be obedient to him no matter what the ancillary consequences may be.

Because I know that is the place where my faith will be strengthened and I will experience a new level of peace, freedom, and victory in my life and relationship with Jesus.


Each time I listen to this song, I believe my courage is bolstered just a bit.
My prayer is that it will do the same for you.

2 Corinthians 3:17 9 (AMP)
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).(A)

No comments:

Post a Comment