Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Jam

Only one more sleep until the weekend folks!

I love Thursdays for this exact reason. I'm also beginning to love it because I get to share worship music that I love with you!

Plus this fall weather makes me happy.
I ate the most awesome donut with rainbow sprinkles this morning. <------so good!
And my friend is coming to visit this weekend.

Its the little things!

The song I am sharing today is just one of my favorites.

I listened to this on repeat while I was in labor with my daughter, which brings back happy (albeit painful) memories.

Whenever I listen to it, it just causes me to take a deep breath and relax a little.

Because life gets crazy doesn't it? Things are hectic and we try to fit so many things into our days.

All the responsibilities that come with being a wife/mother/friend/sister/daughter can be overwhelming and exhausting all at the same time.

Lately I have just been feeling weary. Like I need a rest.

I actually told my husband the other day my dream was to just have a day to sleep.

Dramatic I know.

Maybe you are feeling weary but for different reasons.

Family troubles.
Sickness.
Financial difficulty.
Marital strife.
Unruly children.
____________ (Fill in the blank)

Whatever it is, there is rest in Jesus. When you sit back from the chaos and lean into him, he will meet you there and give you the rest you are longing for.

The answer is Jesus. Every.Time.

I pray this song reminds you to take that deep breath, to open your hands and release your burdens to Jesus. Then receive his peace and rest friend. He's got it covered.

Amen and Amen!

Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.



No comments:

Post a Comment