Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday Jam: Remembering Grandpa


One year ago today my sweet Grandpa went to heaven.
All at the same time it feels like it was yesterday and then sometimes ages ago.


My grandpa was very special to me. He walked me down the aisle at my wedding. When I was young he called me "Miggily Piggily", which at the time I hated, but now the thought of it makes me smile.

I love how he always asked me how "his Meggie" was doing. That he would stop and tell me how beautiful I was to him every time I saw him. He made me feel important and special. I love that even though he hated to fly in airplanes, he flew all the way from Nebraska to North Carolina for my wedding so that he could be there for me.

He had a beautiful singing voice. He loved serving his church as head usher. He loved opera music, dancing, crossword puzzles, and the Chicago Bears. He LOVED dessert and had a major sweet tooth.

Most of all he loved my grandma. They were married for 66 years when he passed.

Right now he is walking with Jesus and I am so happy and comforted by that. I know towards the end of his life, he was desperately ready for the wholeness heaven would bring to his failing body.

This song "You Hold Me Now" by Hillsong United reminds me of my grandpa in heaven and makes me excited for the day when I get to see him again.
What a sweet sweet day that will be to be in the presence of Jesus together. I can't wait!


Revelation 21:4 (KGV)
And God shall wipe all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment