Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Meditation


I seem to go through seasons of life in my relationship with the Lord where he gives me a revelation of himself, a better understanding of who he is, and then that understanding is deepened through different events that occur over a period of time.

In this current season of life, I feel like his message to me has been one of his GRACE.

The more I learn about his grace in my life, and the lives of others I am changed.

More and more I am convinced that understanding His grace changes everything.

It changes the way we see ourselves.
It changes how we respond to situations/people
It changes the way we treat others.

A revelation of his grace in my life allowed me to see others the way God sees them. It gave me the freedom to receive his peace in knowing that he loves EVERYONE the same way he loves me.

Understanding his grace gave me the ability to LET IT GO. It showed me how I should love others the way Jesus does, instead of trying to change them myself or act as the Holy Spirit in their lives.

I understand now that he doesn't see and weigh sin the way I did/do. Its all just sin to him.

We are all equal: a bunch of imperfect people in need of a perfect Savior.

Even though we sin and turn away from him continually, he is still kind, tolerant, and patient with us. Wooing us back to him with lovingkindness and undeserved favor (grace). There we can repent and find forgiveness.

It is the love and kindness of Jesus that leads us to repentance. 

I can't help but think what would the world look like if we would freely and actively show God's grace to others?

What would the church look like if we could extend God's grace, love, and kindness to everyone?

It would surely be a different place.

The verse I chose to share with you today was the catalyst for this revelation of grace in my life. I pray that as you meditate on it, you come to a new understanding of God's grace and love for you.

Because when you do, you will never be the same again.

Romans 2:3-4 (NRSV)
Do you imagine, whoever you are, that when you judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself, you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience? Do you not realize that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?



No comments:

Post a Comment