Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday Jam

Just one more sleep until the weekend friends!

I don't know about you but I am looking forward to it.

I had a hard time deciding which worship song to share with you this week. Simply because there are so many that I absolutely love!

In the end, I am going with a song that has been out for a while but it is one of my all time favorites.

Also because its been pretty gloomy around these parts this week and that sometimes puts me in a funk. But this song is great because it lifts that cloud over my head and replaces it with a new song in my heart. It reminds me what I need to do to come alive and be filled with the joy of the Lord.

The song is "Freedom is Here" by Hillsong United.

The most amazing thing about having a relationship with Jesus is the freedom that he desires for us to experience. Many people mistakenly think that this relationship is a set of rules and a bunch of do's and don'ts.

While there are some black and white commands that God asks us to be obedient to in the Bible, the truth is that God's desire is for us to live in FREEDOM. He gives us the freedom to choose to follow and be obedient to him (giving us the Holy Spirit to help us) and then experience his freedom from bondage/sin as a result.

He intends for us to use this freedom to serve each other.

Galations 5:13 (NLT)
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.

The lyrics of this song talk about how things come alive and we experience freedom as we lift Jesus higher. 

I just love that.

Because its such a simple answer to all the things in life we tend to complicate.

We worry and stress and try to control circumstances and let them steal our peace and cause us to live in bondage.

The answer to be set free and stop this cycle is always Jesus. Simple right?

Pressing into him and lifting his name higher is what allows us to receive his freedom.

Everything comes alive when we lift Him higher.
Then beloved, your freedom is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment